Medical Qigong Practitioner (MQP) based on the International Institute of Medical Qigong Curriculum
|Medical Qigong Practioner (MQP)|
|200 Hour Certification Course|
|P1||Introduction to Medical Qigong Therapy||32|
|P2||Introduction to Medical Qigong Diagnosis and Treatments||32|
|P3||Clinial Foundations of Medical Qigong Therapy||32|
|P4||Medical Qigong Treatment of Internal Organ Diseases and Prescription Exercises||32|
|Total Lecture hours||136|
|Clinical Theater and Clinical Internship||24|
|Clinical Externship I||48|
|Total Clinic hours||72|
|MQP Total Hours||200|
Introduction to Medical Qigong Therapy (P1)
This first course is designed to introduce the student to Medical Qigong exercises to maintain health, heal their bodies, calm their minds, and reconnect with their spirit.
Medical Qigong exercises will be taught that help the body correct the physical and energetic imbalances. This strengthens and regulates internal organs, nervous system and immune system, relieves pain, regulates hormones, and strengthens and releases deep-seated emotions and stress.
The course will introduce the student to the basic theories of energy tonification, purgation, and regulation of the body’s organs and energy channels, as well as strengthening the body’s protective energy field (Wei Qi).
Other topics covered in this course include:
- Respiration, posture, and mental training
- Emotional detoxification
- Healing sound therapy
- Analyzing and categorizing qigong exercises
- Introduction to medical qigong prescriptions
- Establish a personal medical qigong workout
Students will have a basic understanding of the three regulations of medical qigong and be able to properly develop a medical qigong routine.
Introduction to Diagnosis and Treatments (P2)
This second course is designed to introduce the student to the further theories of energy purgation, tonification, regulation and cultivation. In addition, strengthening the body’s protective energy field (Wei Qi) and the techniques used to avoid absorbing Toxic Qi while in a clinical environment will be discussed.
Students are led through a progressive series of advanced Shen Gong (Spirit Skill) meditations and exercises, used to develop advanced intuitive diagnostic skills. Additionally, students will learn the Medical Qigong treatment protocol for treating patients.
Other topics covered in this course will include:
- Developing Energetic Sensitivity and Perception Skills
- Energetic Projection Skills
- Advanced emotional detoxification therapy
- Yi-Quan meditation exercises to develop focused intention of mind and energy
- Introduction to clinical energetic diagnostic techniques
- Introduction to prescriptions and clinical treatments
Students will develop energetic diagnostic and projection skills with a focus on clinical Qigong therapy and Traditional Chinese Medicine. Emphasis will be placed on the practical clinical applications of Medical Qigong Therapy.
Prerequisite: Introduction to Medical Qigong Therapy (Course 1)
Clinical Foundations of Medical Qigong Therapy (P3)
This third course is designed to offer the student an overview of the major principles and foundational structures that govern Traditional Chinese Medical Qigong.
Other topics covered include:
- Three levels of Ancient Daoist Mysticism
- Four Functional Properties of Energy
- Materializing and Dematerializing Energy
- Establishing a Medical Qigong Clinic
- Combining Medical Qigong with Other Healing Modalities
- Qi Emitting Methods (including Invisible Needle, Energetic Point Therapy, etc.)
- Internal Organ Prescriptions and Healing Sound Therapy
Students will have a deeper comprehension of the body’s energetic matrix as it pertains to Traditional Chinese Medicine, Disease, Diagnosis, and the Medical Qigong Clinic. The focus will be placed on integrating clinical qigong modalities, advanced assessment, energetic modulation skills, case studies, and clinical exercises.
Prerequisite: Introduction to Diagnosis and Treatments (Course P2)
Treatment of Organ Diseases and Medical Qigong Prescription Exercises (P4)
This fourth course offers the student an overview of the major principles and foundational structures that govern Traditional Chinese Medical Qigong. This course is designed to introduce students to the advanced theories and clinical modalities of internal organ treatment, as well as the Medical Qigong Exercises and Meditations prescribed as homework in the Medical Qigong Clinic.
Other topics covered include:
- Treatment of Liver diseases
- Treatment of Heart diseases
- Treatment of Spleen diseases
- Treatment of Stomach diseases
- Treatment of Lung diseases
- Treatment of Kidney diseases
Students will have a deeper comprehension of specific organ diseases as they pertain to Traditional Chinese Medicine, Diagnosis, and Medical Qigong prescriptions. Emphasis will be placed on the practical clinical applications of Chinese Medical Qigong Therapy.
Prerequisite: Medical Qigong Diagnosis and Treatments (Course 2)